Friday 12 February 2016

Mobile Phones, Stage Two

In case you're wondering - I have half mastered my android!  I did what I should have done in the first place - called the T... help line and asked if I could switch phone number and credit to my new SIM.  In my own defence, I should say that I did read the T..mobile site but they only gave advice on how to move the phone number from another provider and did not so much as hint that the credit could be transferred, too.  Anyway, a nice young man (this expression somehow always reminds me of Miss Marple in the Agatha Christie novels) listened to what I said even if he also got it backwards at first but when I'd explained again, he said no problem.  And no problem it was!!  Within 5 minutes my mobile number and my remaining credit were on my android.  Yippee.  Now all I have to get used to is the ultra sensitive touch screen - one false brush of the fingertip and .....!!!!!  Like to hear an example of what I mean?   I had to reset my Twitter password, mainly I suspect because of a malheur with typing it in initially.  But I'm getting there.

My contacts were not transferred but this is a blessing in disguise because I have names and numbers on there which I can't account for.  Who on earth is Carol C.???  or Joe scones???  Can't remember ever using those numbers for anything.  So I have been spring-cleaning and only tapping in those names which I know I will need. 

I can now sit on the bus and stare at my Twitter feed if I have a mind.  Only thing is, I much prefer people-watching and people-listening.  One of my favourite Dire Straits' songs has a line "all I can do is kiss you through the bars of a rhyme".  Doesn't have to be like that.   Life is for living isn't it?




No comments:

Post a Comment